Monday, March 19, 2007

Pigeons

As I walked across the street for lunch today, I watched a large flock of pigeons fly in circles above the plaza in front of my office building. The weather was beautiful and sunny, just a slight chill in the air. Something about watching those birds against the backdrop of a bright blue sky made me think of seagulls flying above the sea, as if I were standing quayside on a harbor instead of curbside in a landlocked city. Let's be honest, pigeons look no more like seagulls than Arlington, Virginia looks like San Diego, California. But that perfect combination of birds flying through a vibrant, sunny sky and a bite in the air just-so, like a breeze coming off the ocean, brought subconscious impressions of the ocean to the surface. Though it's been more than a year since I moved, I guess deep down I still miss the blue Pacific. Something's going on in my subconscious, anyway, if a pigeon can make me think of a seagull!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chuckie D said...

If I read between the lines, sounds like you need to show Cassie the West Coast soon. Dad

March 22, 2007 at 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home